The Academy of the Night
Welcome to the Academy of the Night! Make yourself comfortable! Get to know the other students and teachers! Please allow unrealistic.entity know if anything is wrong! Thank you!
The Academy of the Night
Welcome to the Academy of the Night! Make yourself comfortable! Get to know the other students and teachers! Please allow unrealistic.entity know if anything is wrong! Thank you!
The Academy of the Night
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Academy of the Night

Are you alone in the world? Do you need someone more alike to you to make you feel comfortable? No matter if you are a witch, wizard, or a demon of some form, you are welcome into the arms of Headmistress Shadow!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Our Advertisement
Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:24 pm by unrealistic.entity

» Indigo Diabolus *Student*
Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:02 am by xXSuper-Sonic-LuciXx

» Elissa Montey
Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 2:05 am by xxkarexbearxx

» Want to start posting now... pweez?
Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:42 am by Nicole Larissa Apollymi

» Chris Dawnangel
Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 am by Nicole Larissa Apollymi

» Relaxing For The Time Being
Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 am by Scream-Ya-Heart-Out.

» a new start?
Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:29 am by Scream-Ya-Heart-Out.

» the need for a skilled fighter
Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:27 am by Daydreamer-Dannielle

» [i] A Meal and Some compony.[/i]
Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 3:11 am by Daydreamer-Dannielle

Staff List

Administrators

Moderators

Advisers

♦Bliss♦ ♦Cosmos♦ ♦Vexus♦

Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Soapmaker

The_Soapmaker

Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener Empty
PostSubject: Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener   Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 6:17 pm

{Basic(s)}
Name: Umra Boshuyra
Nickname(Optional): The Big Guy
Age: 294 years, but he looks like a 50 year old human, just a little bit bigger.
Race/Species: Giant
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Hometown: Samarkand, Uzbekistan

{Physical}
Eyes: Very, very beautiful light blue eyes. In contrast of the rest of him.
Hair: Long black hair, a five foot dreadlock here and there.
Body: Besides being 16'5", there is nothing strange about him, but a few scars, caused by gardening accidents.
Face: A big black beard on his chin, a balding hairdo and a scarred face. Just look good at the picture.
Height: 16’5”
Weight: 765 lbs

{Personality}
Umra is a very timid and patient person. He’s what you call a ‘gentle giant’. He is devout muslim, prays 5 times a day, donates a lot of money to wellfare organisations. He is always kind to anybody, even those that aren’t nice to him. Even his voice carries his gentleness. From a giant, you would expect an earth-trembeling voice, but with Umra, it’s different. Because of his fear of scaring people, Umra doesn’t talk very loud at all, he almost whispers. Along with his deep voice, it would sound like a didgeridoo, maybe a bit lower in tone. It’s very pleasant to listen to.
The times he gets angry are very, very rare, but every time they’ve occured, somebody died. This is his only dark side.

{Background}
Umra Boshuyra was born in 1715 in Samarkand as the 6th son of the two local (muslim) giants. As the first 15 years passed, 4 of his brothers died of things such as starvation, the plague, execution and bad luck (the oldest brother hit his head in anger agianst a rock wall and cracked his skull open). Meanwhile, big parts of the city of Samarkand had been abandoned by most humans because of the Persian King’s assault. Umra grew up with very little people (in both ways) around him. He played in empty streets, spoke almost nobody except for his neighbour, who grew up with the giants, and had no problem with them. The neighbour was a gardener and had a quite big, very beautiful yard. This envoked his passion for gardening. When he got older, the neighbourman tought him everything there was to know about plants and gardening. And when the neighbourman had died, Umra took the neighbour’s grandson in practice. He died of Tuberculosis 10 years later.
When Samarkand got under the rule of the Emirs of Bukhara, in 1784, Umra (already 69, but still looking like 30) applied for a job as the palace gardener. He got accepted.
He worked there for 26 years, when he got banished to Russia, after he got extremely angry in a dispute with a high officer over hitting a servant. Umra grabbed him by the throat and a leg and ripped him in two.
In Russia, Umra met some Russian giants, who worked as lumbermen in the woods of Siberia. After teaching him basic Russian, the Giants invited him to go work in the woods with them. So be it.
So he chopped wood and spoke Russian with the other giants and other Russian lumbermen. With mailpigeons he kept in contact with his parents. His father died a couple of months later, in 1802.
When Umra turned 100 (he was now 3 meters, not 5), that was in 1815, he left his giant friends and went to Moskow, where he got a job as a gardener (only in the summer) at the university of Moskow. In his free time, he spoke to professors about God and Man and Law and languages. In 1825, Umra had learned six new languages; English, German, French, Hebrew, Chinese and (Egyptian) Arabic (this was the easiest, since Umra already spoke some other Arabic languages). He also had read many books (the lumbergiants had tought him to read in 1803) about the things that interested him, such as theology, filosophy and ofcourse gardening.
In 1828, he got sacked and returned to Siberia. Meanwhile his mother died, and his other sibling had moved to Mongolia.
After working as a streetsweeper for over a year, he decided to go back to Samarkand. But on the way to Samarkand, he met a wizard. Now this wizard was no demonic sorcerer, he was a devout muslim, just like Umra. They talked for days. The wizard told Umra the history of men. The days turned into months. The wizard told Umra the history of giants, of elfs, of orcs, of wizards and other creatures rendered ‘magical’ to humans. The months passed and when the wizard had tought Umra only a fraction of his magical knowledge, it was 1831.
Together, they went to Samarkand, while the wizard tought Umra more about magic and Umra the wizard about gardening. They moved very slowly; they didn’t reach Samarkand till 1833.
After arrival in Samarkand, the two went their seperate ways. Umra worked again as a gardener, the wizard got stringed up in Germany.
Time passed, and with his 150th birthday, Umra went to Egypt, where he got into a ‘magical community’, a group of elves, trolls and other creatures, that lived in the yet undiscovered Second Library of Alexandria. It was a very wise community, since everybody (even the trolls) read scrolls and books at a monthly basis. They also added a lot of knowledge to the Library, such as paintings, and writings in elvish and orcish and so. In the Library, Umra learned the languages of the elves, the orcs and the trolls and even the language of the giants, that his parents never learned him, from scrolls and, well, elves, orcs and trolls.
But in the desert was no place for gardening, and Umra left the community in 1895. He decided to go to India, where he got in touch with the exotic plants and the language there. He didn’t stay long, though.
The rest of his life he roamed around in India and Cambodja and Vietnam and Thailand. He didn’t catch much of the first World War and the communist dictatorship in Russia until 1930, when he wanted to go back to Russia, but they didn’t let him in, but he got in by a goblin passsage. As time passed, more and more people would stare at him as he walked the streets, so he went back to Egypt and hung around with the magical community.
The second World War came and went. People came and went. Elves came and went. Plants came and went.
Through portals, he heard of a magical community in Vietnam, and visited them in 1954, and stayed until 1966, when the atrocities of the Vietnam War became too much for him.
He took a teleportal to the country of the warfaring, called ‘America’. Umra had heard from America, but had never been there. In America, he lived in the magical community under the Brooklyn Bridge. Under the Brooklyn Bridge, he learned the art of invisiblity, allowing him to cloak himself with an aura, which deflected light and made him invisible.
He visited Woodstock in 1969. It was nice, but not really his thing.
The time passed, the world passed, the people passed without seeing him. He passed the time, the world and the people without caring. That was one of the things he learned in his 250 years of existance. Just don’t care, you can’t stop the humans. Go with the flow.
The 70’s passed, the 80’s passed, the 90’s passed. The Cold War ended, the Iron Curtain fell, the world changed. Presidents came and went, you know the drill. In 2009, Umra heard of the Academy of the Night, which was an academy for ‘special’ people (No, not people with the down syndrome). He went there and applied for a job as a Gardener.

Which is now.

{Appearance} Please, only pay attention to the picture. The rest of the card isn't that interesting, is it?
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Back to top Go down
Lanstrlen

Lanstrlen

PostSubject: Re: Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener   Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:48 pm

The_Soapmaker wrote:
{Basic(s)}
Name: Umra Boshuyra
Nickname(Optional): The Big Guy
Age: 294 years, but he looks like a 50 year old human, just a little bit bigger.
Race/Species: Giant
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Hometown: Samarkand, Uzbekistan

{Physical}
Eyes: Very, very beautiful light blue eyes. In contrast of the rest of him.
Hair: Long black hair, a five foot dreadlock here and there.
Body: Besides being 16'5", there is nothing strange about him, but a few scars, caused by gardening accidents.
Face: A big black beard on his chin, a balding hairdo and a scarred face. Just look good at the picture.
Height: 16’5”
Weight: 765 lbs

{Personality}
Umra is a very timid and patient person. He’s what you call a ‘gentle giant’. He is devout muslim, prays 5 times a day, donates a lot of money to wellfare organisations. He is always kind to anybody, even those that aren’t nice to him. Even his voice carries his gentleness. From a giant, you would expect an earth-trembeling voice, but with Umra, it’s different. Because of his fear of scaring people, Umra doesn’t talk very loud at all, he almost whispers. Along with his deep voice, it would sound like a didgeridoo, maybe a bit lower in tone. It’s very pleasant to listen to.
The times he gets angry are very, very rare, but every time they’ve occured, somebody died. This is his only dark side.

{Background}
Umra Boshuyra was born in 1715 in Samarkand as the 6th son of the two local (muslim) giants. As the first 15 years passed, 4 of his brothers died of things such as starvation, the plague, execution and bad luck (the oldest brother hit his head in anger agianst a rock wall and cracked his skull open). Meanwhile, big parts of the city of Samarkand had been abandoned by most humans because of the Persian King’s assault. Umra grew up with very little people (in both ways) around him. He played in empty streets, spoke almost nobody except for his neighbour, who grew up with the giants, and had no problem with them. The neighbour was a gardener and had a quite big, very beautiful yard. This envoked his passion for gardening. When he got older, the neighbourman tought him everything there was to know about plants and gardening. And when the neighbourman had died, Umra took the neighbour’s grandson in practice. He died of Tuberculosis 10 years later.
When Samarkand got under the rule of the Emirs of Bukhara, in 1784, Umra (already 69, but still looking like 30) applied for a job as the palace gardener. He got accepted.
He worked there for 26 years, when he got banished to Russia, after he got extremely angry in a dispute with a high officer over hitting a servant. Umra grabbed him by the throat and a leg and ripped him in two.
In Russia, Umra met some Russian giants, who worked as lumbermen in the woods of Siberia. After teaching him basic Russian, the Giants invited him to go work in the woods with them. So be it.
So he chopped wood and spoke Russian with the other giants and other Russian lumbermen. With mailpigeons he kept in contact with his parents. His father died a couple of months later, in 1802.
When Umra turned 100 (he was now 3 meters, not 5), that was in 1815, he left his giant friends and went to Moskow, where he got a job as a gardener (only in the summer) at the university of Moskow. In his free time, he spoke to professors about God and Man and Law and languages. In 1825, Umra had learned six new languages; English, German, French, Hebrew, Chinese and (Egyptian) Arabic (this was the easiest, since Umra already spoke some other Arabic languages). He also had read many books (the lumbergiants had tought him to read in 1803) about the things that interested him, such as theology, filosophy and ofcourse gardening.
In 1828, he got sacked and returned to Siberia. Meanwhile his mother died, and his other sibling had moved to Mongolia.
After working as a streetsweeper for over a year, he decided to go back to Samarkand. But on the way to Samarkand, he met a wizard. Now this wizard was no demonic sorcerer, he was a devout muslim, just like Umra. They talked for days. The wizard told Umra the history of men. The days turned into months. The wizard told Umra the history of giants, of elfs, of orcs, of wizards and other creatures rendered ‘magical’ to humans. The months passed and when the wizard had tought Umra only a fraction of his magical knowledge, it was 1831.
Together, they went to Samarkand, while the wizard tought Umra more about magic and Umra the wizard about gardening. They moved very slowly; they didn’t reach Samarkand till 1833.
After arrival in Samarkand, the two went their seperate ways. Umra worked again as a gardener, the wizard got stringed up in Germany.
Time passed, and with his 150th birthday, Umra went to Egypt, where he got into a ‘magical community’, a group of elves, trolls and other creatures, that lived in the yet undiscovered Second Library of Alexandria. It was a very wise community, since everybody (even the trolls) read scrolls and books at a monthly basis. They also added a lot of knowledge to the Library, such as paintings, and writings in elvish and orcish and so. In the Library, Umra learned the languages of the elves, the orcs and the trolls and even the language of the giants, that his parents never learned him, from scrolls and, well, elves, orcs and trolls.
But in the desert was no place for gardening, and Umra left the community in 1895. He decided to go to India, where he got in touch with the exotic plants and the language there. He didn’t stay long, though.
The rest of his life he roamed around in India and Cambodja and Vietnam and Thailand. He didn’t catch much of the first World War and the communist dictatorship in Russia until 1930, when he wanted to go back to Russia, but they didn’t let him in, but he got in by a goblin passsage. As time passed, more and more people would stare at him as he walked the streets, so he went back to Egypt and hung around with the magical community.
The second World War came and went. People came and went. Elves came and went. Plants came and went.
Through portals, he heard of a magical community in Vietnam, and visited them in 1954, and stayed until 1966, when the atrocities of the Vietnam War became too much for him.
He took a teleportal to the country of the warfaring, called ‘America’. Umra had heard from America, but had never been there. In America, he lived in the magical community under the Brooklyn Bridge. Under the Brooklyn Bridge, he learned the art of invisiblity, allowing him to cloak himself with an aura, which deflected light and made him invisible.
He visited Woodstock in 1969. It was nice, but not really his thing.
The time passed, the world passed, the people passed without seeing him. He passed the time, the world and the people without caring. That was one of the things he learned in his 250 years of existance. Just don’t care, you can’t stop the humans. Go with the flow.
The 70’s passed, the 80’s passed, the 90’s passed. The Cold War ended, the Iron Curtain fell, the world changed. Presidents came and went, you know the drill. In 2009, Umra heard of the Academy of the Night, which was an academy for ‘special’ people (No, not people with the down syndrome). He went there and applied for a job as a Gardener.

Which is now.

{Appearance} Please, only pay attention to the picture. The rest of the card isn't that interesting, is it?
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
DUDE BE OGIER,Ogier are awesome stone mason's and they tend whole forests and make city ruins into garden's ogier kick ass in a fight to!!!
Back to top Go down
http://twilightrpg117.forumotion.com/forum.htm
The_Soapmaker

The_Soapmaker

PostSubject: Re: Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener   Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Mah, I don't know. They ARE awesome, but there are contra's. First of all, there are very few good pictures of them, but that also counts for giants. Second of all, they're smaller. Still big, but smaller. Third, they have a thight society, unlike giants. Forth, I'll have to re-write the entire history.
I think a giant is better for this character than a Ogier.
Back to top Go down
Atreyuvision
Admin
Atreyuvision

PostSubject: Re: Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener   Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:40 pm

Nice application, Approved.
Back to top Go down
http://superhero-rpg.forum-motion.com/forum.htm
Lanstrlen

Lanstrlen

PostSubject: Re: Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener   Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:43 pm

The_Soapmaker wrote:
Mah, I don't know. They ARE awesome, but there are contra's. First of all, there are very few good pictures of them, but that also counts for giants. Second of all, they're smaller. Still big, but smaller. Third, they have a thight society, unlike giants. Forth, I'll have to re-write the entire history.
I think a giant is better for this character than a Ogier.
OMG DUDE! you've read the wheel of time I take it?
Back to top Go down
The_Soapmaker

The_Soapmaker

PostSubject: Re: Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener   Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:44 am

Quote :
OMG DUDE! you've read the wheel of time I take it?

No, I googled 'Ogier' and read the wikipage.
Back to top Go down
The_Soapmaker

The_Soapmaker

PostSubject: Re: Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener   Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:46 am

Atreyuvision wrote:
Nice application, Approved.
Thank you, once agian.
Back to top Go down
Lanstrlen

Lanstrlen

PostSubject: Re: Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener   Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:21 am

-.- There's my hopes of another robert jordan fan dashed lol
Back to top Go down
The_Soapmaker

The_Soapmaker

PostSubject: Re: Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener   Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:53 am

Sorry ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener   Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Umra Boshuyra, the giant gardener
Page 1 of 1