The Academy of the Night
Welcome to the Academy of the Night! Make yourself comfortable! Get to know the other students and teachers! Please allow unrealistic.entity know if anything is wrong! Thank you!
The Academy of the Night

Are you alone in the world? Do you need someone more alike to you to make you feel comfortable? No matter if you are a witch, wizard, or a demon of some form, you are welcome into the arms of Headmistress Shadow!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Our Advertisement
Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:24 pm by unrealistic.entity

» Indigo Diabolus *Student*
Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:02 am by xXSuper-Sonic-LuciXx

» Elissa Montey
Tue May 31, 2011 2:05 am by xxkarexbearxx

» Want to start posting now... pweez?
Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:42 am by Nicole Larissa Apollymi

» Chris Dawnangel
Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 am by Nicole Larissa Apollymi

» Relaxing For The Time Being
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 am by Scream-Ya-Heart-Out.

» a new start?
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:29 am by Scream-Ya-Heart-Out.

» the need for a skilled fighter
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:27 am by Daydreamer-Dannielle

» [i] A Meal and Some compony.[/i]
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:11 am by Daydreamer-Dannielle

Staff List

Administrators

Moderators

Advisers

♦Bliss♦ ♦Cosmos♦ ♦Vexus♦

Share | 

Science of magic.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vladen Turner

PostSubject: Re: Science of magic.   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:45 pm

"Leah..Do you have something against people, even getting a passing glimpse of your thought's..Please be truthful..It will help with my lesson's and allow me to get to know you a little better, you see..I am a firm beliver in treating those student's who deserve it as equals. I belive they do not learn so well, when dictated too.."

Kilbren smiles gently at Leah, letting his gaze fall back upon her to emphasise his words somewhat. Reaching across Kilbren offers her the statue, calmly and collectly he speak's. "This was given to me by my father...It is a reminder that we may fly free wherever we are, but still remain solid and dependable. It came with a lesson..One i would..if you are willing like to teach to you. It helped me, and..If the answer to my first question is true. It may help you also."

Kilbren slowly nod's his head and shuffles his bean bag a little closer, awaiting her answer as he makes these sublte movement's. He knew in a way she was trying to figure him out. Would she understand he thought to himself, that he was only trying to be friendly and what he wanted to teach her, was something that had helped him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://courtofshienara.forumcircle.com/portal.php
Pretty.Little.Mistake

PostSubject: RE: Science of Magic   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:38 pm

Leah looked at him, tilting her head as she watches him. Her icy glare remained as she peeked out from behind her bangs, her safety. "Sure," she replied, her tone calm but not exactly friendly. She noticed the statue but said nothing. She couldn't read him very well, normally she could read others like a book. Leah had a talent for recognising how others acted or felt, with him she couldn't quite get it. This wasn't a power of hers, she could just understand people... Even if they didn't understand her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vladen Turner

PostSubject: Re: Science of magic.   Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:12 pm

"Leah..My i ask you a question?" Kilbren ask's in polite and respectful tone of voice, as though he were speaking to an equal.

Kilbren smiles gently as he look's at Leah, knowing his gaze to some was mildly unsettling he avert's it from her and focuses a little on the wall behind her. Making a small gesture Kilbren summon's a small statue to himself, the statue being about the size of his fist. Carved from the finest white marble, the statue is in the image of an eagle with a chain around it's foot.

Passing the statue from palm to palm, Kilbren await's her answer. "She is so like i used to be, perhap's she will take to this..I hope she does..It helped me, even though then i was so short sighted to see it." Kilbren think's to himself, as he patienly await's her answer.
Back to top Go down
Pretty.Little.Mistake

PostSubject: RE: Science of Magic   Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:54 pm

Moral support? He was beginning to sound like those counselors from her old school... "Well it's a class isn't it? There's no point in starting without the others," she retorded, crossing her ankles as she stayed sat on the beanbag. She didn't like this teacher, not one bit.

Leah decided to ignore his apologies or anything else related with her mind. As she waited she began playing with one of her bracelets, unable to sit still as always.She was very wary of letting anyone read her mind, she had good reason to be. She had nasty memories hidden away that were best not brought up. No one needed to know about her powers yet, or her temper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vladen Turner

PostSubject: Re: Science of magic.   Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:26 pm

Kilbren frown's softly, His town gentle and soothing as he replies "Leah, I have not been in your mind..and light above i certainly havent tampered with it." His tone now was one of suprise. Was that truely what she had thought? Light above..What were they teaching at this school?

"If i had been into your mind Leah, as strong as your objection's were I would have sought permission first." His silver ringed amber eyes held her flat and impassive stare. Though his smile remained, cool and calm.

"Im prepared to wait for the other's if you wish it of course. Perhap's you would like some moral support i suppose that would be most welcome."

Kilbren was usually calm and collected. His emotion's shown normally on his sleeve but while he taught he had to guard them, lest his students pick up on them during their lesson's.
Back to top Go down
Pretty.Little.Mistake

PostSubject: RE: Science of Magic   Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:06 am

His attitude was getting on Leah's nerves but she kept her cool, she had promised that she would not lose her temper. "Well I'd quite like if you stayed out of my mind," she replied, her stone remaining flat and cold. He may have made a connection but she would chose what to show and what she would share, she was strong and she was confident though she wasn't stupid either. "I know I'm a trainee, but my mother taught me that it was manners to ask before tampering with some one's mind," she added, not blinking once as she held his stare. As she glanced around the room she knew it was empty, all but her. "Shouldn't we wait for the others?" She asked, clasping her hands in her lap. Everything about Leah was contradictory. She had a soft weet voice even when angry but an icy attitude, she could be shy but confident too, she could be emotional but as cold as stone. That was Leah, as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vladen Turner

PostSubject: Re: Science of magic.   Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:35 am

Kilbren met Leah's glare with an impassive stare and to some, mildly disconcerting smile. She was good. He thought to himself on the forefront of his thought's. He would enjoy teaching her all he knew. That is..if she was willing to learn.

"You are strong Leah, but you let it rule you and you become over confient with that knowledge" Kilbren voices quietly. He felt her attempt's to strengthen her mind block and sensed it's rolling fog seeping through he connection he had knowingly created.

"Void or no..I have much to teach you. I think ill start with a lesson in control and magical visualisation. Would you like to begin?" Kilbren ask's in a friendly tone and with a subtle and warm smile.

"You are a trainee witch..Keep that in the forefront of your mind and perhap's you will enjoy my lesson's.."
Back to top Go down
Pretty.Little.Mistake

PostSubject: RE: Science of Magic   Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Leah lifted her gaze to look at the teacher, her soft grey eyes now with an icy glint as she narrowed them. She looked somewhat like a cat but.. different. The moment he cut her powers off, or so he thought he did, she could feel it. She felt vunerable and weak without them, before she had the chance to panic she drew only a small bit of energy from around her to recreate the mindblock which was more of a fog now. No one could cut off her powers unless she was in a void, she could draw on all majic around her; anywhere and anytime. She would chose what to show him, not the other way around. He had no idea what she was capable off, neither did she but she knew damn well not to lose her temper with him; it wouldn't end well. "I'm a witch, so I guess I need to know it," she stated, her cold glare remaining but she was calm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vladen Turner

PostSubject: Re: Science of magic.   Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:31 am

Kilbren moves with a fluid and almost feline grace as he takes the bean bag opposite Leah. Her shield was strong, he had sensed that, but her technique was rough and un-schooled. He would change that he thought to himself.

Now for his first suprise. Reaching out with his power he softly parted the strand's that connected her to her power. Slowly and gently one by one he put a block over them, causing Leah a wave of emotion's he knew. His lesson's werent about Theory. He would teach as much of that as he had too. His Student's would learn practical magic so they could truely understand what little theory lay behind it.

Leah truely did have great potential, but she was overconfident and would have to listen and learn the hard way. Kilbren was not being harsh...he would do this with all his student's to even the playing field for their first lesson.

"Leah..Well that is a nice name. My name is Kilbren..Kilbren Blackthorne..You can call me Thorne if you wish. Tell me..What made you choose my subject"

Kilbren liked to get to know his student's. It helped him understand their mindset and enabled him to teach them as best he could.

"Do not be alarmed..It won't be permanent" He added almost as an afterthought. Enjoying the bean bag as he relaxed into a more comfortable position.
Back to top Go down
Pretty.Little.Mistake

PostSubject: RE: Science of Magic   Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:24 am

"It's Leah," she replied, moving from the desk to sit on a bean bag instead. The moment she felt the teacher and his powers even attempt to connect with her mind she blocked them. Her powers were strong with great potential, she could learn to do many things. As a witch one of the first things she had learned was to shield her mind, she did so constantly in this school. No one, not even a teacher, had any hopes of entering her mind or memories or anything of the sort. Leah shot him a slight scowl as she settled into the beanbag, waiting and hoping for others to come along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vladen Turner

PostSubject: Re: Science of magic.   Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:08 am

Kilbren was finally satisfied with the way the room was arranged. A dozen bean bag's were arranged in a circle in the centre of the room. Made of red velvet, they were soft and supple as a dancing girl and would fit perfectly with his lesson's.

Kilbren had one table left to remove when his eye's fell upon Leah. He hadn't seen her enter and hadn't sensed her either. This was unsual to say the least, Slowly his Amber and silver ringed eye's washed over her with a gaze that was looking past her physical appearence and deep within her.

"Hmm..I see my first student has arrived..Do you have your textbook with you?" Kilbren ask's in his quietly confident voice. His eye's still searching her with each look.

Object's were still moving around the room and passing close to his head at speed. The backpack on the small side table open as they flew from it. A skull of a human. A dragon's tooth. A Crystal figurine of a weeping woman holding a dying child to her breast. These object's were all arraying themselves at the edge's of the room.

"You won't need that desk either..Take one of the bean bag's please Miss..Miss..Forgive me..I am terrible with names?" Kilbren flashes her a ready smile. He wanted her to relax and enjoy his classes. Seemingly as she was going to be the only student he had..at least for now.
Back to top Go down
Pretty.Little.Mistake

PostSubject: Re: Science of magic.   Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:57 am

Leah walked into the room, her hair toussled but no more than usual. She wasn't late for once. Making her way to the back of the class she took a seat in the far corner, near the window. As she walked she stopped to look at the archway for a moment, paying little or no attention to the teacher at the top of the classroom. This was one class she had to listen in though; whether she liked it or not. Leah took her seat, glancing around the classroom with a soft sigh. She was early...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kilbren Blackthorne

PostSubject: Science of magic.   Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:02 am

Science of Magic..

Kilbren strides into his new teaching room, glancing around with a disparing sigh. Nothing had been changed as he had asked and he was far from amused. Setting down his backpack he begin's to throw tables around the room and watch with a smile as they turn into several large and comfortable red velvet been bag's. Moving over to a wall he run's a hand over it and delight's as it slowly transform's into an archway onto a small clearing with a magnicent view of the sky and the forest's surrounding the academy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Science of magic.   

Back to top Go down

Science of magic.
Page 1 of 1