The Academy of the Night
Welcome to the Academy of the Night! Make yourself comfortable! Get to know the other students and teachers! Please allow unrealistic.entity know if anything is wrong! Thank you!
The Academy of the Night

Are you alone in the world? Do you need someone more alike to you to make you feel comfortable? No matter if you are a witch, wizard, or a demon of some form, you are welcome into the arms of Headmistress Shadow!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Our Advertisement
Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:24 pm by unrealistic.entity

» Indigo Diabolus *Student*
Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:02 am by xXSuper-Sonic-LuciXx

» Elissa Montey
Tue May 31, 2011 2:05 am by xxkarexbearxx

» Want to start posting now... pweez?
Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:42 am by Nicole Larissa Apollymi

» Chris Dawnangel
Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 am by Nicole Larissa Apollymi

» Relaxing For The Time Being
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:44 am by Scream-Ya-Heart-Out.

» a new start?
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:29 am by Scream-Ya-Heart-Out.

» the need for a skilled fighter
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:27 am by Daydreamer-Dannielle

» [i] A Meal and Some compony.[/i]
Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:11 am by Daydreamer-Dannielle

Staff List

Administrators

Moderators

Advisers

♦Bliss♦ ♦Cosmos♦ ♦Vexus♦

Share | 

Body Work Out

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Melanie Fisher

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:45 pm

Mel jogged to catch up with Jecht, wondering where he was planning on going.
"I'm sorry.." Mel looked down at her feet as she walked, her hands dangling limply at her sides. She knew she was being a bitch to teach, and she was ashamed of herself. If only she could get a better night's sleep without these cursed nightmares.
Mel sighed softly, too quiet for anyone but her and Jecht to hear, but not quiet enough to hide the anxiety and exhaustion from her teacher. The nightmares had been interupting Mel's sleep for a while now. Ever since..
Plucking up the courage to ask the one question she feared most, Mel spoke in a bare whisper.
"Did you know of the man who bought me here when I was... hurt? His name was Black... Did you see him? Speak to him?" Mel avoided Jecht's gaze as she spoke, deliberately not looking at his reaction. She didn't want to spend tonight wondering whether he was hiding anything from her or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Jecht stopped in his tracks, his eyes closing as he let a soft breath escape through his nose. "You're not weak, just misguided, you need to learn control. Anyone who tells you otherwise is blind..." He said coldly as he inhaled and exhaled a drag from his cigarette. "Everyone's got their own problems kid, some worse than others. But I never took my problems out on anyone but myself..." Jecht used to have a friend who sounded a lot like her, a friend who claimed that he fought from his heart as well. That friend no longer exists in this world. Jecht simply inhaled a drag from his cigarette, popping his neck to the right as he exhaled. Jecht would then continue to walk towards the exit, he was done here. "Follow me kid, let's go for a walk..." Jecht walked slowly, so it would be easy for her to catch up.

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:06 pm

Mel rolled her eyes behind Jecht's back and called out to him.
"Have you always taught students to fight the same way? Only, I was taught a different way, and it's difficult for me to adjust to your way. I'm sorry, I rule with my heart. It works for me in combat, because I can kill and seriously injure without thinking about it. If I thought about it, I'd never be able to do it in the first place. I'm not heartless when I'm thinking straight. Most call it weak, I guess." Mel folded her arms across herself as she spoke the last words. Most DID call it weak. Black hadn't...
Mel shook that trail of thought away before returning to the dilemma in hand.
"I've been put down all my life, Jecht. I'm not keen on being put down by you because I don't fight like you. That is, if you're wondering why I'm not exactly friendly towards you."
Mel took a step forward and waited for his reply. She hadn't spoken with dislike, nor aggression. She had been polite and kind in her explanation, and was certain Jecht couldn't misread what she was trying to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:40 pm

Jecht would softly chuckle as his weak punch was redirected by her, it may have seemed strong, but Jecht had been holding back an awful lot. He could sense her aggression, she failed to listen to him yet again. Jecht still could obviously tell she didn't like him, he wasn't sure why, he hadn't been anything but helpful, but eh, he was use to people hating him before getting to know him; he wasn't that bad, was he? "I'm not some punching bag for you to get your emotions out onto...This is a class, not therapy; we mediate for that." Jecht easily slipped from her grip, not using an offensive or brutal tactic to escape, just his natural slipperiness. His hands would slide into his pockets as he stepped away from her, "Come back when you realize that." He would walk towards the exit of his dojo, he was headed for a walk to clear his head. He was kind of annoyed that a lot of his students seemed to be taking advantage of his class for their own purposes instead of just having interest in it, he didn't care if he was hated, but he wasn't about to waste his time with a bunch of ungrateful kids; but eh, what ever. Like he cared anyway...

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:10 am

Mel watched as the fist flew towards her. She waited until it was merely an inch from her face before grabbing and twisting, pulling Jecht into a police hold, his arm twisted behind her back.
She had been calm as she had watched, but now she wrenched Jecht's arm, taking her anger out. She didn't like the guy anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:37 am

"I'm going to come at you this time, I'm going to be tense and aggressive, you're going to be calm and relaxed." With out another word Jecht took off full speed, he could be aggressive and kick ass, but he was still relaxed as he did so, but right now he was just testing her, holding back on his student as he charged for her. His right fist cocked back and swung aggressively towards her. Later on he would teach her how to become offensive while maintaining the relaxed state, Jecht had mastered it, but hadn't been putting it to use on her.

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:32 am

Mel scowled but nodded. She knew Jecht was right. She sighed softly, letting the puff of air escape her lungs and blow a loose strand of hair away from her face. Getting up, Mel looked straight up at Jecht and shook the arm he grabbed slightly, shaking off the inevitable bruise.
"Again..." She said calmly, relaxing and waiting for Jechts move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:29 am

((Can't control my characters reaction or claim hits, that's technically god modding, especially if it's a Teacher. But sorry to say, Jecht is allowed to against his students.)

Jecht saw it coming, he would stand there with his hands in his pockets, he had been far too fast to really get caught by her, especially since she hadn't been listening to him. She let her emotions cloud her thoughts, she let her emotions run her battle, that is how you get killed. Jecht would simply side-step her as she came running towards him, grabbing her arm and flinging her over and onto her back, a sly smirk coming across his face as he watched her, she was full of anger, and for some one like Jecht, an emotional opponent was an easy one. "You're tense, I'm calm. You apply excessive force, I control that force through fluid motion. That means relaxing the whole body so it can react instantly with out resistance, and with out thought...You see, it means becoming like clear water..." Jecht spoke to his downed student calmly, hoping to show her that her emotions are her one of her greatest weaknesses.

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Mel closed her eyes, imagining Black's face in front of her. Hurt, anger and hatred welled up inside her, threatening to overflow. Only this time, Mel didn't stop it. She let the emotion cloud all other control and launched herself at Jecht.
She had calculated his reaction, putting his arm up. She grabbed it and pulled down, flinging Jecht over one shoulder and onto the floor.
Mel smiled. That had felt good; she had finally released some of the built up emotion that had been stuck inside her heart for so long.
Mel grinned and giggled somewhat sheepishly.
"You mean like that?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:46 am

Jecht would turn to face her once they arrived in his main room, they were standing on cushioned mats. A soft chuckle would pass his lips as he closed his eyes. He was a very bright guy despite how he seemed, he could tell she hadn't liked him "You don't like me very much do you? What ever kid, I aint here to make friends, I'm here to give you my life's work." Jecht's eyes would open and stare her down as he finished his sentence, he was use to being hated, so if she felt that way before getting to know him, oh well her loss. "I want you to use what I taught you in meditation, but in combat...Relax, breathe, and become like the water...Then I want you to come at me with all you've got...Don't worry, I won't hurt you...Yet..."

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:57 am

Mel fought the urge to thump him there and then, biting her lip and swiftly walking back the way she had come to get to the practice room. Mel didn't like being talked down to, or made to feel small. And Jecht's behavious was too cocky and lazy for her liking. She didn't like him much, already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:55 am

Jecht would softly smirk at her, good, she passed. He would inhale one final heavy drag from his cigarette before putting it out in the ash tray. Jecht then slowly got out of his seat, rising to his feet and heading towards his office door. "Alright then, come on."

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:35 am

Mel could see the challenge in Jecht's eyes, and squared her shoulders. She didn't like being treated like a cowardess fool.
"You said you'd train me, sir. I finished meditating - I'm ready to train." Mel fixed a cold stare on Jecht as she spoke. She was getting slightly sick of his cocky demeanour and wasn't scared of him knowing it either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:16 am

Jecht wanted her to stop being a coward and speak up for herself, he would calmly sit there, giving her a blank stare as he took a drag from his cigarette. He would exhale, flicking some off the ash off into his ash tray as he did so. "Yeah and?" He uttered bluntly in his deep relaxed voice. He was testing her courage, depending on her answer would depict whether he trained her or not. If she asked to be trained, or if she just merely cowered out and walked away.

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:10 pm

Mel followed Jecht's voice until she found him in his office, still puffing on a cigarette, as she had expected. She smiled and stood in the doorway, not sure whether to go in or not.
"I'm er... Done.." She stuttered on her words, not sure whether Jecht would still want to teach her like he had offered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:34 am

Jecht had just been relaxing in his office during her meditation, not really doing anything. A feeling in Jecht's gut told him that some one was looking for him, years of being a trained killer tends to make you a bit paranoid; that and he could hear everything that had been going on. He would softly call out to the girl, figuring it was her who had been looking for him. "In here." He exhaled smoke as he spoke, inhaling a drag right after he did so.

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:46 am

Mel made a mental note somewhere in the back of her mind that Jecht had left and escaped back inside herself.
She now knew what Jecht had meant about meditating - it really did work.
She was completely at ease and didn't feel at all tired or sleepy, just as she had thought she might. She simply sat for another hour, meditating, ignoring those around her.

When Mel resurfaced from her thoughts, it took her a while to remember where Jecht had gone. He had said he would teach her some moves, hadn't he?
She stood up slowly, thinking to herself what a good teacher he was, and lazily went in search for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:43 am

Jecht smirked, standing up and breaking his meditative stance. He figured he should have just left her alone to meditate. "When you're done, come find me." He said in his cold deep voice, he would simply turn away from her and walk back towards his office, smoking his cigarette along the way. Once he was inside his office he sat at his desk, kicking his legs up on top of it and leaning back into his chair, just relaxing and enjoying his cigarette.

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:38 am

Mel only just heard Jecht's voice as he spoke. She was too far away inside herself to truly comprehend what he had said.
Moves?
Meditate?
A while?
Mel didn't care. She didn't think. She ignored the outside world, the memories of Black and Vladen trying to pry their way back into her mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:37 am

A small smirk would come across Jecht's face, she had been doing it right. He would lazily speak, his concentration not being interrupted. "Good, like the water...Meditate for awhile, then I'll teach you some moves." As usual, smoke escaped his lips as he spoke.

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:13 am

Mel closed her eyes and murmured.
"Yes. I get it." She sighed and did what Jecht did, relaxing completely and flowing inside herself. She wasn't sure if it was working or not, or whether Jecht would think she was doing it right. But she was relaxed and in that moment she didn't really care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:51 am

Jecht would give a weak smile to her, watching her closely as she tried yet again. She was doing well, but she interrupted her own meditation. "Almost...Maybe it would help if I did it with you..." Jecht closed his eyes and placed his hands together in his lap, assuming his meditative stance. The world on the outside no longer existed to Jecht, he was in his own world inside his head. Jecht was capable of speaking with out losing his concentration, as long as no one else was loud or obnoxious. "With meditation, you train your body to relax under stressful situations. In combat, you must always be relaxed in order to avoid bad decisions and so that you may react quickly with out thought....Kind of like the water...Get it?"

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:55 pm

Mel sighed and tried again. She didn't think, she didn't try. She just sat. She gasped in quiet amazement as her mind started to empty completely. Her eyes snapped open to look at Jecht.
"Like that?" She whispered, awe and amazement still etched into her features.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Atreyuvision
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Jecht could tell her concentration hadn't been natural, she was trying to hard. Meditation had to be natural, with out effort, otherwise it will have little effect. Jecht assumed his meditative position, his legs crossing over one another, though his chin still rested on his right palm and his elbow on his thigh. He would inhale and exhale a drag as he watched her, as he spoke more smoke came from his mouth. "You're trying too hard...It has to be natural, with out effort...Otherwise it's no different than thinking..."

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:12 pm

Mel scowled. She didn't like the teacher laughing at her like this. She sighed and closed her eyes, emptying her mind of everything she could. Vladen and Black were still there, of course. But in the mere shadows of the deepest depths of her mind. This was as empty as she was going to get her mind, that was for sure.
Mel sat in silence, completely still like a statue. She didn't want to move, to shatter the aura that was glowing around her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Body Work Out   

Back to top Go down

Body Work Out
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next